Help Tech GmbH
Help Tech GmbH has been developing, producing and distributing electronic aids for the blind and visually impaired for over 25 years. The product range includes Handy Tech Braille displays, electronically magnifying visual aids, reading devices and software. Consultation centers in Stuttgart, Cologne, Marburg, Lueneburg and Hamburg. Approved aid supplier and contractual partner of many health insurance companies. Extensive services – consultation, application to the funder as well as training.
The exhibitor has the following products in these categories for you:
Aids for the blind
- Category: Braille displays, notetakers and graphic displays
- Category: Tools for the workplace and training
Aids for the visually impaired
NEW: The Activator – a braille display revolution
We tried to reinvent the braille display. We succeeded in. We invite you to the presentation of the Activator. Thanks to the foldable 2-in-1 keyboard, the Activator offers the perfect input mode for every application – whether braille or text input. And thanks to the integrated shorthand translation, the innovative SmartDock and the free “HelpTech+” app, a next-generation Braille experience is achieved. Perfect for school, study or everyday work.
- 40 concave braille elements with cursor routing and adjustable Braille pin strength
- Integrated shorthand translation and reverse translation (RTFC)
- 2-in-1 foldable keyboard with braille and text input
- SmartDock with charging function and integrated USB-A port
- Free “Help Tech+” app (available in the AppStore) with the following functions: Braille monitor, voice input, voice output, and much more.
- Battery life: over 30 hours
- Ergonomic and ultra-slim design (W x D x H): 32.0 x 12.6 x 1.8 cm
NEW: VoxiVision – magnifier with speech output
The compact smartphone-sized VoxiVision reader is much more than an electronic magnifier. Use it to enlarge documents up to an A4 page in high-contrast colour. Take a snapshot and have the text read aloud in seconds. Based on artificial intelligence, VoxiVision recognises text – including handwriting – in over 20 languages and translates it on demand. Other features include barcode reader and banknote recognition.
- Easy operation via the tactile buttons, by voice control or via the touch display
- Enlarges text, objects and photos up to 25x near and far
- Fast and accurate read aloud function captures an entire A4 page Recognises 22 languages and translates into 11 languages.
- Compact pocket-sized design – 189 g lightweight
- Includes folding stand with positioning aid
- Offline barcode recognition for more than 1 million products
Actilino – Braille display and notetaker in one
The Actilino with 16 concave ergonomic Braille cells and a very quiet Braille keyboard is a Braille display and notetaker in one. The numerous integrated features and 16 GB of memory make the Actilino a super-compact note-taking device. Conveniently connect it to your PC or smartphone via USB or Bluetooth. With only 420 g and a battery life of about 30 h ideal for mobile use. Thanks to the ATC technology, the Actilino provides incomparable reading pleasure.
- 16 concave braille cells with cursor routing, adjustable dot firmness
- Patented ATC technology: relaxed reading without pressing the advance button
- Integrated organizer features such as editor, calculator, planner, etc.
- Write, read and send messages via your smartphone or PC
- Ergonomic and very quiet Braille keyboard
- Multi-Bluetooth for Braille and sound with 3 devices simultaneously
- Audio pairing with iPhone
- 16 GB memory
- Battery life up to 30 hours
Modular Evolution – ideal for the workplace
The ergonomically designed Modular Evolution with combined standard or Braille keyboard is a permanently connected unit. Optionally equipped with 88 or 64 Braille cells and three USB ports. Optionally available: Braille input keyboard as well as an additional number pad. Patented ATC technology provides unique assistance features such as automatic scrolling, fast reading, or announcement of text attributes.
- 64 or 88 concave Braille cells/cursor routing keys
- Patented ATC technology for reading position detection
- ATC assistance features such as automatic scrolling
- Individually configurable for your needs: QWERTY keyboard or Braille input keyboard, numeric keypad
- One-cable solution: all components are electrically and mechanically connected
- 3 USB ports
- 16 GB memory
Tabli & HTEcho – for deafblind people & training
Tabli makes it easier for a deafblind person to communicate with a sighted person. Information displayed on a Handy Tech Braille display can be followed in real time on a smartphone. Sighted people can enter text directly on the smartphone, which is then displayed on the Braille display. With HTEcho, information displayed on one Braille display can also be followed in real time on another Braille display.
- Track Braille output in real time: output of the text, cursor position, reading position and markers
- Integrated on-screen keyboard
- TabliApp display: set size and colors of the content to be displayed and the speech output as desired
- Simple & intuitive operation
- With speech output
- Ideal for training and learning purposes: display Braille display content on another Braille display
- Connection with up to 5 Handy Tech Braille displays possible
ZoomCam – the mobile reading and distance camera
ZoomCam allows you – without installing additional software – to magnify documents, books and presentations on your notebook, tablet or computer. No matter if Mac, Windows or Android. ZoomCam convinces with a sharp, high-resolution and stable Full HD image and thus ensures an optimal reading experience. New: Now with a read-aloud function that reads out all printed text on the monitor – up to 32 languages. Ideal for longer texts to protect the eyes.
- NEW: with integrated reading function for up to 32 languages
- Sharp and vivid Full HD image
- Camera with autofocus
- Magnification: 2* to 100* times (depending on monitor size)
- 28 color modes, true colors
- Background filtering
- Dimmable LED illumination
- Fade-in reading line
- No software required
- Remote control
- Foldable, mobile and lightweight
- Optional cross table
Vocatex – video magnifier with text-to-speech
The high-resolution Full-HD camera provides a razor-sharp and true-color image on a screen of up to 40 inches. If reading becomes too tiring for you, you can easily activate the speech output at the press of a button. Within seconds, the text displayed on the screen is read aloud – in up to 33 languages. The standard version offers you all the essential magnification and reading aloud features and is easy to use thanks to the few buttons.
- Read aloud feature with natural sounding voices, individually adjustable reading speed and volume
- Up to 90 voices in 33 languages
- Automatic language recognition
- Optional ticker display
- Different screen sizes: 22″, 27″, 32″ or even 40“
- Magnification from 2.0 to 100x (depending on model)
- Full HD camera with autofocus
- True color display as well as up to 28 contrast colors
- Illuminated function keys with speech output
OrCam – mobile reading system for glasses
The OrCam is a lightweight, mobile reading and recognition system that makes everyday life much easier for blind and visually impaired people of all ages. Thanks to its magnetic attachment, OrCam can be clipped to almost any eyeglass frame. OrCam reads printed text aloud at near and far distances. OrCam MyEye also recognizes faces, barcodes, banknotes and colors. Easy operation by finger gestures, voice command or touch bar.
- Lightweight, discreet, compact and wireless
- Reads out printed texts at close and far range
- Additional features of the MyEye-version: recognition of faces, barcodes, banknotes and colors, time/date announcement
- Easy operation via finger gestures, voice command or by tapping the touch bar
- Bluetooth feature, e.g. for headphones
- Automatic speech recognition
- German + English + 1 language of your choice (French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian or Portuguese)
Fusion – ZoomText & JAWS in one product
The magnification software ZoomText enlarges the screen display on the PC. With the integrated screen reader JAWS, the screen content can be reproduced in detail by the integrated speech output. At the same time the output can be done on a Braille display. A single installation and only one license provide access to ZoomText and JAWS. Ideal combination of magnification, speech output and Braille display.
- Magnification: 1 to 60x
- Unified user interface and shortcuts for magnification, speech, and Braille
- One installation with only one activation code for all features
- Comfortable operation by means of key combinations, including quick navigation feature on Internet pages
- High-quality voices in many languages
- Synchronized screen tracking of speech and Braille while navigating and reading
- Customizable with the help of scripts
If you fill out and submit this form, a Help Tech contact person will get back to you as soon as possible.
The exhibitor himself is solely responsible for the contents of the exhibitor presentation both on the website of the organizer and on that of the respective exhibitor. The organizer assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever.